July 17, 2011

Sleek Storm palette.

Hi cuties, here's my post on the ever so popular Storm eye shadow palette by UK brand Sleek.
pros:
Smooth and creamy texture
Pigmented
Easily applied and blendable colors
I don't find the mattes chalky, they are just right
Nice, rich finish
cons:
Without a primer, the tiny shimmer particles stay on the roots of my lashes, after the make-up removal. I hope I can fix that by using a primer..
The black is not very pigmented, gives me a bit of a hard time. Maybe it's just my palette.

price: € 8.50/around USD 12
availability: Sleek website

This is a gorgeous palette and I don't regret buying it, especially because the colors are in my comfort zone, I'm more of a neutral girl but it makes me want to try doing smokey looks, too, which are so flattering. I just really like the colors a lot. When I first swatched them, I was in awe of how smooth they are and of how pretty they are, for example I swatched the burgundy (on the far right of the palette) and I couldn't believe there was such a color, I said "what a color!!!" Or the dark green or even the champagne ones. And the pigmentation is insane, as everyone else has mentioned. All in all, a brilliant product and amazing quality eye shadows. You can't faul this palette.

12 mineral-based eyeshadows. 9 shimmery and 3 matte shades.






Close-ups of the colors.

Top row.

Bottom row.
Swatches.




I swatched them with the e.l.f. mineral eyeshadow primer underneath and the colors showed vibrant, true and beautiful (and went on smoother!). What's not to like about these eyeshadows?  I haven't used them much as you can see because I don't wear make-up often and I haven't practiced doing my make-up in months. I need to start getting to it, with the help of tutorials etc.

By the way, I was watching a show called Moonlight and it's fantastic, the actors and storyline are great! It's about vampires, too, which I never get so fussed about but somehow this show grabs me, it's too good. And the lead actor is so hot. And cute. And everything really.


This beautiful song was in one of the episodes.

No comments :

Post a Comment