August 10, 2011

The lazy girl's potato salad.

This is just a quick potato salad I made yesterday because we didn't have much at hand. You could call it the lazy girl's potato salad OR the busy girl's potato salad. 

Potatoes are nice because they fill you up and they are healthy, too! I enjoy them in all forms, baked, fried (not healthy but yummy!), boiled etc.

Did you know you can make potatoes in the microwave? I didn't know up until one day when I stumbled upon this potato website; in this Quick and Healthy potato salad they say you can make them by putting them in the microwave (Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe dish) for 10 to 12 minutes, although for 12 minutes, mine came out too soft so I'll cook them for 7-10 minutes I think. :)

Although to me, they taste a tad better when they're steamed.

So, I start by putting some potatoes in a bowl, cover the bowl, put in the microwave and set to cook for 9 to 10 minutes.

I carefully peel the potatoes and cut them into bite-size pieces (not too big, not too small).



I sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper.


In a small bowl, I mix Salad cream (a sauce like Mayonese but it's more specifically called a Salad cream), yogurt and finely chopped basil. [I use like 3-4 tablespoons of Salad cream and 2 tablespoons of yogurt, use a similar ratio; I prefer to use more Salad cream]

I poor the sauce onto the potatoes and mix it softly, so as to not "mash" them.


I put it in the fridge for a few hours, until chilled. Ready!


It's maybe too simple of a potato salad but you can add anything you want, peppers, onions, olives, mustard, boiled eggs, tomatoes, dried tomatoes! I just made it that way because I had few ingredients. =D Also, it's a quick way to make the potatoes if you don't have much time or energy to boil/steam them.

Let me know what you like to put in your potato salad! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment